Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Taking a Break from Swaps




I can't believe that Stampin' Up! Convention is next week!!! I've been busy making swaps, but I REALLY needed to take a break from that. If you haven't been with me for long, I'm gonna confess a secret about myself.........I really DO NOT LIKE making the same card over and over. So, needless to say, making swaps is not one of my favorite things to do. It's not as bad as ironing, but it ranks pretty close to it....LOL!!!!


So, I pushed my swap stuff aside and made this adorable card!! It uses a brand new stamp set. It's called Deer Friend, and it will be a level 2 Hostess set in the brand new catalog. It's just like Batty for You....but Christmas-themed. This card also uses two of the new In Colors: Pirouette Pink and Riding Hood Red.




Can I tell you how much I LOVE this new pink? It's truly the color of cotton candy. It's light and delicate. I've been hoping for the release of this color for years!!!!



Here is a comparison of Pirouette Pink (on the left) and Pretty and Pink (on the right). They look so pretty together as well. I will make a card for you to show you just how pretty they look together!!!






recipe:


stamp sets: Deer Friend (brand new Level 2 Hostess Set), Wonderful Favorites, Classic Stars jumbo wheel


paper: Riding Hood Red, Pirouette Pink, Certainly Celery, Whisper White


ink: Riding Hood Red, Pirouette Pink, Basic Brown


accessories: Stampin' Write markers, Soft Subtle brads, Pink gingham ribbon, circle punches (1 1/4" and 1 3/8")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love how you used this set NO XMAS. I wouldn't have thought of that, TFS!

Kristi-Anna said...

What set is "Wonderful Daughter" from? I LOVE IT!!!

stampersim said...

I think you've just re-named Pink Pirouette. Cotton Candy is a MUCH better name. I agree, it's my favorite. I've already used a whole pack and had to pre-order another one !!! Thanks for sharing :-)