Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Card for Andrea


I only have a few family cards to make during the month of November. One of those celebrations is my sister-in-law Andrea's birthday. I never had a sister growing up, but now I do!! I'm not sure which card I am going to give her yet. This is the first card I made.

Andrea loves all the warm tones, so I naturally went to the Earth Elements palette. The base card is Creamy Caramel. The focal image is stamped with the Bud Basics stamp set on Very Vanilla cardstock. I used Ruby Red (stamped off...sometimes once...sometimes twice), More Mustard and Old Olive. I overstamped with my Canvas background stamp in Creamy Caramel ink. I sponged with Close to Cocoa ink (my absolute favorite ink to sponge with). I colored in the center of the flowers with my Stardust Gelly Roll pen for some sparkle. I punched the corners with my Ticket Corner punch and matted it on Ruby Red. I placed two More Mustard brads in the top two corners of the Ruby Red mat.

The band across the card is stamped with my new Wonderful Favorites stamp set. I loved this stamp set when I first saw it. I admit the price prevented me from buying it right away, but there really is no other stamp set like it. Where can I get a stamp set that covers all the bases for any kind of person you need to make a card for. That's what made me purchase this stamp set.....and I am SO glad I did!!! Anyway, back to the card. The band is made out of More Mustard cardstock. I used my fingernail to distress the edges of the card. I then sponged it with Close to Cocoa. I used my retired 1/4" chocolate grosgrain ribbon to tie two knots.

So, what do you think? I still want to make a few more cards and pick the best out of the lot.

Happy Stamping everyone!!

No comments: