Saturday, May 10, 2008

Are You Tired of These Colors Yet?


I know what you're thinking.....Patti, enough of these colors already.

Sorry! I was on a roll, and making things with scraps is so much better than putting them away!!!

Mom let me borrow her "Older and Wiser" hostess set. As I was looking over the stamps in that set, I decided to make a masculine gift card holder perfect for any guy on your gift giving list.

Let's start with the focal image. I colored the stamp with my markers, huffed on it and stamped on some Shimmery White cardstock. I did add some touches with the fine tip of my Pumpkin Pie marker to make the light on the candle look like it's flickering.

The striped paper was "grunged up" a bit by dragging an Old Olive ink pad over it. I added some 1/4" circle punches below the focal image for extra oomph.

A scalloped border (thanks to my Corner Rounder punch) and some Bashful Blue narrow grosgrain ribbon add the perfect touch to the flap. I used a velcro dot to keep the flap closed.

As Mary Poppins would say.....this gift card holder is practically perfect in every way!!!

As tomorrow is Mother's Day, I plan on taking the day off from blogging. Never fear, I will be back on Monday with a card that is not Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Bashful Blue...LOL!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!

No comments: