Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sneak Peek



Well, as you can see, Mr. Brown did bring my box of Stampin' Up! goodies to my door. I didn't get a chance to play with my new loot until this morning as last night was filled with baseball and dance.

This card is all about Sneak Peeks. The Pumpkin Pie part of the card is the new 4" x 4" laser cut note cards. The "For You" and the collage stamp (behind the cut out flower) are part of a brand new stamp set that coordinates with the note cards. As a demonstrator, I was able to pre-order this combo. My customers are able to order these beauties starting June 1st. Woo hoo!!! Don't you just love getting some new catty stuff early? I do!!!

The note cards themselves cannot be mailed in the envelopes that come with them. They are too small according to USPS postal regulations. So there are two options if you want to mail these cards. You can place them in a standard medium envelope or you can do what I did for this project. I attached the note card to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" basecard. I love the look of this!!!!

I used Purely Pomegranate for my base card. I stamped the spray of flowers along the right side in Purely Pomegranate ink. I popped out the petals from the notecard, and then stamped the front with my Canvas BG stamp using Pumpkin Pie ink. I also heavily sponged the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink.

When I placed the order for this set, I knew I wanted to play with acetate. So, I stamped the collage stamp on a piece of acetate using Black StazOn. The acetate is secured to the inside of the card using mini glue dots. The felt flowers are from my awesome Flower Fusion kit. They are secured to the card with a silver brad. The final touch was adding the sentiment and some Old Olive Polytwill ribbon.

I am so glad my vision came to fruition!!!! I love when that happens!!!

Life is crazy the next couple of days......

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: