Friday, September 7, 2007

Autumn, Sweet, Autumn

We had some storms come through last night that significantly brought down the temperature and humidity. It is such a beautiful day today. I didn't get any stamping done today. DH asked me if I wanted to accompany him to the main office to pick up some packages. He then took me to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. YUM-O!!! I got Pasta DaVinci (lunch portion) and DH got Thai Chicken Pasta. We only ate half, boxed up the leftovers and shared some Raspberry Chocolate Truffle cheesecake. Let me tell you, it was amazing!!!

I made this card yesterday. I've had the "With Gratitude" stamp set since the beginning of July. It's taken me a while to be inspired enough to make a card with it. I really like the way it turned out. There are a lot of layers in this card. I hate to think how much this sucker will cost to mail to someone!!! LOL!!!

The basecard is Chocolate Chip followed by Ruby Red, Very Vanilla (stamped with Flannel Plaid and smaller leaves in Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa), Close to Cocoa). The main image is stamped on Very Vanilla with a spectrum pad. The colors were still to bright so I overstamped with the Linen background stamp in Creamy Caramel. I then sponged with Close to Cocoa to make it look even more vintage. This image is then mounted on Old Olive with the photo corners in Pumpkin Pie and sponged once again with the Close to Cocoa. The sentiment is stamped on More Mustard and punched out with the small oval punch. This is also sponged, and I added some line work for added appeal. I added some mustard grosgrain and brads for the final touch.

I hope you find some time to stamp today. Remember, some "me" time is always good for the soul!!!

Happy Stamping Everyone!!!

2 comments:

gabby said...

WOW! that leaf is so pretty, did you color the stamp with markers then "huff" it?

Corie said...

Wow -- this is the perfect fall card -- so crisp and clean and beautiful.