Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Things That Creep and Crawl


What things "creep and crawl up on you"? Hmmmm......spiders, underwear that is too small, and of course, THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

Okay, wacky humor aside, it's true. It seems that no matter how much we plan, the holidays come up upon us way too fast. It is definitely the time to start planning your Christmas cards. This card is one I designed for a Holiday Workshop WOW swap I participated in.

The base card is Real Red. I used my Coluzzle oval to cut out both the oval on the Certainly Celery layer (stamped with the flourish with Certainly Celery ink) and the vellum. The vellum is stamped with the "Season of Joy" stamp set using my white StazOn ink pad. The vellum oval is adhered to the base card using a gold brad. I accentuated the red oval with some hand-drawn linework using my white gel pen. The accent on the left is a 1 1/2"x4" (scored at 1/2") piece of Garden Green. I used my cropodile to punch two holes and tied the flap down with some red gingham ribbon. The tree is stamped with Garden Green ink on Whisper White cardstock, cut out, and placed on the card with a dimensional.

Take my advice.....enjoy your holidays this year.....stress-free (I know, I am dreaming). Start planning your cards now.....make a few each week......before you know it, you are done!!!!

Happy Stamping Everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love this! Such a pretty card! I just started on my holiday cards a couple of days ago. I really need to get a move on! You've been tagged
http://stampingexpressions.blogspot.com/2007/09/tag-im-it.html