Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm Still Here!

Happy Thursday everyone!! Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days, but I've been swamped here. I have been designing and prepping for a "Terrific Tags" class being held in Mankato tonight. I will take a picture of the tags once I get my digital camera back from my brother. They came out really cute if I do say so myself.

My other big project is setting up our Halloween village. Dennis painted our living room a gorgeous cranberry color. It took longer than expected as it required 4 coats (not including the gray primer coat) in order to get even coverage. It now looks amazing!!! So, now the building of the village scene is highest on the agenda. We're starting fresh this year......cutting styrofoam, painting, drybrushing......it's a lot of work, but it looks so cool when it's done. I have to make a Michael's run today to pick up some floral pins so I can build the waterfall. The plan is to construct a waterfall using clear silicone caulking, Saran wrap, low temp hot glue and some glow in the dark green paint. I am trying to mimic the awesome waterfall created by the designers at the Dept. 56 flagship store at the Mall of America. If you are in the vicinity, you should really check out this store. Their displays are PHENOMENAL.

I hope everyone has a great day. The weather here in MN is gorgeous.....70s and sunny. The weekend is supposed to be near 80. I think we'll turn on the pool heater and get some last minute swim time in before the pool gets closed up on Sept 29th. That is such a sad day because it only means that cold weather is on it's way.

Happy Stamping Everyone!!!

No comments: