Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Technique Class!!


This past Friday I held my first ever Technique Class. Due to the holiday, I only had two ladies in my class, but we had fun. Hopefully, this month will work out better for the rest of my ladies.

Anyway, we focused on two techniques: Shaving Cream and Kissing. We made a reminder card for each of these techniques and then incorporated both of them into a card. This birthday card is the project we made that night.

I love the bright colors on this card. Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore perfectly compliment each other. This adorable cupcake comes from "Big Bold Birthday". There are just so many possibilities on how to make the frosting. In this card, the frosting stamp was "kissed" to my Paisley background stamp. It looks so yummy and swirly.

For the final touches, I added some penwork using my white Signo gel pen and some tabs using my Word Window punch. The tabs are embellished with some Green Galore brads to give it some "ooomph".

On a personal note, the kids had a GREAT first day of school. They were happy to see their friends. They both came home with Geometry homework......not too bad though!!! Amanda is excited about Spanish. She had three phrases she needed to memorize for today. I guess they need to ask to go to the bathroom in Spanish if the urge arises!!!

Happy Stamping everyone!

1 comment:

Corie said...

What a bright happy card -- love your color choices!!