Saturday, September 15, 2007

Matthew's Birthday Card


Today was my nephew's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. All of the kids had a blast eating pizza, playing arcade games, dancing with the big rat, and going through those germ-infested tunnels. Yes, even my teenagers had a blast going through those tunnels!!! Too funny!!!

Matthew is a HUGE baseball fan. He is turning 7 on Monday, but #7 is also the number of one of his favorite Minnesota Twins, Joe Mauer. So, Matthew can decide which of the two the "7" represents.

This card uses the masking technique. I first stamped the baseball hat from the "Just Baseball" stamp set. I then stamped another hat on a post-it note, cut it out, and placed it over the hat I just stamped. I then inked up the adorable fish and stamped. Remove the post-it note, and voila, it looks like the fish is wearing a hat. Cool, huh?

This fish (from my beloved retired "Fishy Friends") is colored with my watercolor crayons and blender pens. I used Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Only Orange, So Saffron and Summer Sun. The kelp and the sign are hand-drawn. The baseball (also from "Just Baseball") was inked in Going Gray, stamped off and then stamped on Whisper White. I added the red highlights with my Real Red marker.

The ocean bottom is a torn piece of Kraft cardstock. I added some bubbles using Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I then sponged the edges with Tempting Turquoise. The number "7" is stamped with Only Orange using my retired Classic Numbers set.

Matthew loved his card!!!! It was so much fun to make......I hope you like it too!!!

Happy Stamping Everyone!!!

1 comment:

Corie said...

This is just the cutest card, love it.