Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally....I Can Post Pictures Again


There are a few stamp sets that make you fall in love with stamping right away. This stamp set, Blossoms Abound, is one of those stamp sets. I love to show this stamp set to my customers who are new at stamping. They feel like an artist right away!!!


As this is a two step stamp set, both the lilacs and the leaves are formed using two different stamps. The trick to two step stamping is stamping with the more solid stamp in the lighter color (in this case Almost Amethyst) and then adding the darker color with the second stamp (in this case Elegant Eggplant). You can also achieve two step stamping with one ink color. This is how I created the leaves. For the lighter color, I stamped off once (stamp on scrap paper before stamping on your focal image) using Always Artichoke ink. I then followed up with the second stamp using full strength Always Artichoke.


The base card is Elegant Eggplant. The focal image is sponged with Elegant Eggplant ink and matted on a 1/8" larger piece of Almost Amethyst. I added some Eggplant narrow grosgrain ribbon, photo corners punched from Elegant Eggplant and some pearls from the Pretties kit.


It's a very easy card to make, but it looks like you spent a lot of time creating it for someone special. I just love when things come together like that!!


Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!

No comments: