Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Shiny, Happy Apples


I actually made this card before I left for Hawaii, but DH already packed the card reader in his laptop bag. So, no upload.

As you can see, I bought a new card reader (thank you Target) so I can share my projects with all my wonderful readers.

Anyway, I couldn't get a great picture of how shiny and delicious these apples look. I think if you click on the photo you can zoom in for a better view.

I stamped the bucket of apples (from the Give Thanks stamp set) using my Black StazOn ink on watercolor paper. I used my markers and aquapainter to color in the image. All you need to do is start with the lightest color first and then add the darker colors.

For the apples I used So Saffron, Ruby Red and just a touch of Bravo Burgandy. The key to this technique is lots of blending!!!

The bucket is just using Going gray. Concentrate your color on the left side of the bucket and the edges to get the right amount of highlights.

The leaves are just Certainly Celery.

The focal image is mounted on an Old Olive mat that is slightly longer on the bottom edge. I used my mat pack and my piercing tool to add some visual interest to the bottom edge. I then used my Crystal Effects to make the apples nice and shiny!!! They look so amazing in person!!

The base card is more Mustard sponged and stamped (using Sanded BG stamp) using Close to Cocoa ink. The patterned paper is from the Summer Picnic DSP pack in the Occasions Mini Catalog. This paper is gorgeous. I LOVE all the patterns in this pack!!! There's not a bad apple in the bunch!!! I know...I know....stick to stamping rather than humor!! I did sponge the edges with Close to Cocoa ink to flow with the rest of the card. The patterned paper is mounted on some Close to Cocoa cardstock.

I left room for a sentiment in the bottom right corner. I would use my oval punches for this. It will set off the card nicely.

On a personal note, I am still trying to get my body clock straightened out. Ugh!!! The five hour time difference (and lack of sleep on the 8 hour flight home) is really doing a number on me!!

Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, again Patti!
No Maui pictures yet? ......