Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Amanda's Birthday Card


This is the card I made Amanda for her 13th birthday. You see, Amanda is this HUGE Tinkerbell fan. As I do not have a Tinkerbell stamp, the fairies from "Fairy Nice" (love this set) just had to do!!! Amanda loved the card. She is such a stamper. Here's some of her comments: "Oh, Is that watercolor paper? I love the glitter gel pen all around the wand. Did you stamp the 13 on watercolor paper too?". She is just too much!!!

Anyway, I tried to use some of her favorites. She loves pink. So, the base card is Pretty in Pink. The next layer uses her favorite background stamp: Dots and Daisies on Gable Green. I sponged around the edges to get some more depth. I used my Marvy Giga and Mega punches for the scallops. The focal image is watercolored using the lids of my ink pads and my aquapainters on watercolor paper. Just keep adding more color until you get the amount of shadowing and highlighting that you want.
Amanda had a great day (once her hair calmed down......it looked gorgeous about an hour after we took the curlers out.....and stayed gorgeous until she jumped into the pool last night with her friend). We went shopping.....the perfect thing for a 13 year old. We went to dinner at Famous Dave's (a very yummy BBQ place wih incredible Chicken Wild Rice Soup), and then headed home for homemade chocolate mousse cake. All in all, it was a great birthday.

So, today life gets back to normal. My dirty laundry has multiplied overnight.....I swear it breeds faster than those little bunnies in the front yard...LOL!!! It is also my goal to clean up my stamping room. I want to get ready for my SU garage sale. That requires making a spreadsheet and photographing all my retired stamp sets. It's gonna be a long day (so, in order to get through it, I will just HAVE to stamp!!!!).

Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: