Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Preview from the Holiday Mini

I do not want to wish the rest of the summer away, but I truly love the Fall. I like decorating my house with the warm colors, my autumn and Halloween decorations, cooking apple pies for my family, pumpkin picking, and so on.......

When I first got my peek at the new Holiday Mini catalog, this set just jumped out at me. It's called Autumn Harvest and it just screams my favorite technique: watercoloring.

I built the color of the pumpkins.....starting with More Mustard, then Pumpkin Pie and finally with Really Rust. Like always, I recommend using watercolor paper. It truly makes a difference in the blending.

This card also uses one of the brand new designer patterned papers: Apple Cider. I am not usually one to add patterned paper to my cards. So, this one is pretty demure. I'll get there some day....just give me some time!!!!

I debated about putting a greeting of some type to the right of the pumpkins but decided against it in the end. I can add one when it's time to send this card to a special someone.

I'll post again tomorrow. My 4 year old niece is coming for a sleepover tonight. We're all very excited!!! We had some wicked storms come through last night. We lost power at 2:30ish am, and the tornado sirens started wailing a little after that. We went to the basement 'til the storm calmed down. So, needless to say, we are all a little tired today!!!! We're in for more storms tonight......ugh!!!!

I also have to prep for my Technique Class on Friday. If you live in the Twin Cities area, and are interested in taking one of my classes, send me an email. You're more than welcome to join the fun!!!

Happy Stamping everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!