Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Quickie!!


Mom came over the other day to make a card for her friend Jeff who is having a birthday next week. I don't have a ton of masculine stamp sets, so she decided on using Happy Camper. We sat down to make a quickie card, and this is what I came up with.

I actually had the three pieces of cardstock leftover from my Christmas in July stamp camp. The base card is Always Artichoke stamped with the Flannel Plaid BG stamp. The next layer is More Mustard. The focal point layer is Very Vanilla. The bear is stamped with Close to Cocoa as is the fire. The flames are colored in with a combination of Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie markers to simulate fire. The smoke is stamped with Basic Gray. I overstamped the Very Vanilla layer with the Linen BG in Creamy Caramel ink. I then sponged Close to Cocoa around the edges.

I debated about putting the sentiment above the bear, but I didn't think I would like it. So, I decided to use the Circle of Friendship stamp set and my circle punches (1" and 1 1/4") instead. The circle has a scrap of caramel grosgrain ribbon and is placed on a dimensional for some added height.

It's a busy weekend here. My adorable niece Emma (and goddaughter) is ONE today. Happy Birthday pumpkin. Aunt Patti and Uncle Dennis love you SO much!!! We have a Twins game today. My brother is making a sign about Emma's b'day (i.e. a "Circle Me Bert" sign). Let's hope she gets her big moment on tv. Tomorrow is Emma's big party. It's hard to believe she is one already...where has the time gone.

My Open House went fabulous last night!! A BIG thank you to all you ladies who came. I hope you had as much fun as I did!!!

Door Prize Winners
FREE Stamp Camp = April W.
$15 Gift Certificate = Pat D.
FREE stamp set/love notes = Becca K.

No comments: