Thursday, August 16, 2007

So Sorry!


I don't know where the time has gone this week. I want to apologize for not getting some stamping done this week. Well, actually, I have been stamping. I just can't show you what I have been stamping. I was invited to a "By Invitation Only Holiday WOW Card Swap"(jeez, that was a mouthful). As soon as I get my swaps back, I will post my card. I am very proud of it!!!

When the catalog first came out, I REALLY did not like Fabulous Flowers. Then, Jenn Balcer (I really love her work) started changing my mind. By the time I came home from Convention, it was a done deal. I AM GOING TO GET FABULOUS FLOWERS. So, I ordered, it was delivered, and I stamped. Here is my first (and only, so far) card using it. It frustrated me for a while how to get the multi colors into the center of the stamp. You can't get that with the Rock and Roll technique. What I finally did was ink the stamp with Pale Plum and then use my Perfect Plum marker to color the edges of the petals. I did one big HUFF and stamped. I want to play with some other techniques (daubers, Poppin Pastels, aquapainters) to see all the great effects with this big flower.

Have you played with Fabulous Flowers yet? Please leave a comment and tell me all about it!!!

Happy Stamping!!!

stamp sets: Fabulous Flowers, Baroque Motifs

cardstock: Perfect Plum, Basic Black, Mellow Moss, Whisper White

ink: Pale Plum, Mellow Moss

accessories: sponges, Ice rhinestone brads, liquid 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, dimensionals

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why must you make such a beutiful card with this stamp set. I completly hate the set but the more I see it the more it is going to be a must have. It is a wonderful card. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! I love your color choices on this! I have this set as well, and I LOVE it!! You definitely did it justice!