Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day - What a Fun Evening!!

I am going to warn you now.....this post is going to be pretty long. I have lots of pictures to show.

Valentine's Day was awesome. Dennis and I made an incredible dinner for the family. He's always in charge of the grill.....so the grilled rib eyes and lobster were his responsibility. I was in charge of the twice baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, popovers and dessert. Let me tell you, last night's dinner was one of the best meals I've ever tasted. The kids even commented how fabulous everything tasted!!!

Aren't these flowers gorgeous? Dennis had them delivered to me yesterday afternoon!

The first card I am going to show you is the one DH made for me. I think it is gorgeous. Although he only stamps when he wants to make me a card, he shows such creativity when he does stamp. He likes all the details.....brads, background stamps, glitter, etc......




The monkey card is my Valentine to my incredible DH. I stamped them with Timber Brown StazOn and colored in with my pastels. I added some shadows with some markers. It's hard to see in the picture, but the chocolate chip cardstock is embossed with my new Stitched background stamp. It is completely gorgeous!!! The heart balloon is flocked.....so fun!!! I also used my Liquid Pearls to add something to each of the corners of the focal image.




The card with the pickup truck is for DS. You see, DS is driving age, and he keeps talking about pickup trucks. He loved his valentine although he did mention that the pickup truck is not the kind he wants to drive. Sorry kid, I don't have a stamp of a Ford F-150.


I did get to use my Designer Label punch on his card. I finally decided to bite the bullet and order that punch. I am SO glad I did.....it has lots of possibilities.










This card is DD's valentine. She loves all my funky ribbons. I had this ribbon leftover from last year's Winter Mini. In fact, this patterned paper was all from that mini as well.

I used the little lamb from Pun Fun for the focal image of this card. I used my aquapainters and markers to color in the image.

She just loved it!!!!

I have a big New Catalog Open House to finish getting ready for tomorrow. Lots of work to do. So, I will leave you for now.

I hope your Valentine's Day was a special as mine.

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!!

3 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Sounds like your family had a night to remember. Love that you ALL made cards, and had dinner..those flowers are gorgeous. My DD did make me a card too...my DS forgot..and he is usually my card maker..who is also of driving age..Have a wonderful weekend. Chris

Unknown said...

Yum.. he pulled out the grill in the snow?? That is awesome and a good idea.. I think i might make Aaron do the same for some dinner this weekend! Hope all is well!

Jessica Lynn

LeAnne said...

Your DH made dinner AND a card? You have got yourself a good one! Although my husband sort of made me a card....he cut out some hearts from one Christmas card and pasted them over top of the sentiment on another Christmas card....clever for him, really!