Friday, May 25, 2007

A Challenge!


A great way to get into a stamping groove is to participate in the almost daily challenges on Splitcoast Stampers. For example, yesterday's "Ways to Use it" challenge called for the color YoYo Yellow to be used on your project. YoYo Yellow is often a hard color to work with as it is SO vibrant.

So, this card is my take on this challenge. I took some Whisper White cardstock and burnished it with YoYo Yellow, Gable Green and Only Orange. I then stamped the beach chair image from Sparkling Summer (retiring June 2007) with Basic Black. It definitely needed some highlights so I used my Signo white gel pen to highlight different areas of the image. It kind of resembles "Crayon Resist". I doodled with my Black SU marker on the edges of the focal image in a line-dot-dot pattern. I tend to do a lot of line-work on my projects.

The base of the card is Only Orange stamped with the On the Spot background stamp in Only Orange. The Green Galore piece is heavily sponged with Green Galore ink to give it some depth and definition. In keeping with the circle theme from the background stamp, I stamped the "You're Invited" from All Year Cheer II (also retiring in June....bummer) and punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. That too is then sponged with Only Orange to give it some oomph.

These colors are definitely not my everyday colors, but it is sometimes fun to work outside your comfort zone. I am challenging each of you to give it a try!!! Let me know how you do!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this card! The colors are great!