Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You!

Today is my twin (and my godmothers') aunts' birthday. Happy Birthday Aunt Gladys and Aunt Bernice!!! This card was originally intended for my Aunt Bernice. The problem is that when I went to put these 5.25x5.25" cards into it's envelope, it didn't fit!!!! Bummer!!! So, I now know that I need to add the SU large square envies to my next order.

Anyway, this is my first project using the Palette O'Prints from Stampin' Up! It really is a great deal. You get 48 6x6" double-sided patterned papers for $9.95 if you make a $35 purchase. The hardest part is deciding which of the two sides to use. This Almost Amethyst piece of patterned paper is adorned with paisleys. I am just a paisley fanatic. Anyway, this card was made using the Crayon Resist technique. I usually do crayon resist on glossy white paper. This time I used regular whisper white cardstock. The result is more subtle, but it is still beautiful.

The greeting on this card is from my Papertrey Faux Ribbon stamp set. Yes, I know this is not Stampin' Up!, but I couldn't resist this set!!!! I finished off the card by punching holes using my tool kit and paper piercing mat on the Barely Banana layer. The prima is adhered with a mini glue dot over the greeting, and it is embellished with a small Certainly Celery button.

Stamp sets: Winged Thins, Papertrey's Faux Ribbon
Ink: Palette Noir, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery
Paper: Palette O'Prints patterned paper, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: sponges, button, Prima flower, ticket corner punch

No comments: