Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Guy Cards


You know, guy cards are the hardest for me!!! I think a lot of it has to do with not falling in love with a masculine stamp set. I am not into vintage. I adore the "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set, but I can't keep sending all the men in our life cards made with the same stamp set. When Stampin' Up! announced the retirement of "Classic Pickups" I knew it was fate!!! I HAD to own this set.

This card didn't exactly come out as I had envisioned it. I stamped the truck with my black ink on whisper white cardstock. I debated about coloring it in with my reinkers and aquapainter. I decided against it as I wanted to show my stamping friends that you don't always have to color in line-art stamp images. I thought I had the ticket corner punch in my hand, but when I punched I soon realized that it was my corner rounder punch. Oh well, work with it!!!! I then sponged the edges with real red, but that didn't do it for me. I admit it, I was lazy today. Rather than re-stamp the truck, I sponged Not Quite Navy on top of the red. The result: it looks amazingly cool....the picture does not do the shading from the sponging justice. The base of the card is Not Quite Navy cardstock stamped with the Flannel Plaid background stamp using Not Quite Navy Ink. The remaining colors on the card are Real Red and Summer Sun. I really like the way this card turned out. When I showed my husband, all he could say was "Wow, that is a really cool card!!!". YEAH.....I love when he does that!!!

Let me know what you think about this card. I truly appreciate all your comments!!!

Happy Stamping!!!

No comments: