Thursday, May 24, 2007

Give Thanks!


I have a lot of things to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband and two great children. My family is all together in MN now, and we see each other frequently. I am truly blessed!

My daughter has been taking photos of some cards I have made over the past year. She is very excited about photography lately. The picture of this card was taken by her a few days ago. We have to work on the lighting, but I think she did a really good job!!

This card uses one of my all time favorite wheels: Leaves Awash. I am SO glad that it is not retiring. The focal image is stamped with a basket of leaves from the "Give Thanks" stamp set (also not retiring). The focal image is colored with my aquapainter and SU markers. I love how I can watercolor with so many different options: markers, reinkers, watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons. If you have not tried watercoloring, you really have to add that to your list of things to do. If you mess up, that's fine. It's just a piece of paper. Chuck it and start over!!! I find watercoloring very relaxing!! Lord knows, we all need a little bit of stress relief!!

It's rainy here today in MN. It's a perfect day to stamp (or clean.....but I'd rather stamp)!!!

stamp sets: Give Thanks, Leaves Awash jumbo wheel
ink: Certainly Celery jumbo wheel cartridge, Basic Brown classic ink pad
paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
accessories: Celery grosgrain ribbon, SU tool kit, jumbo wheel handle, Color Spritzer Tool, SU markers

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

You have some great creations on your blog...I'll be back!