Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Monkeying Around


The concept of the monkeys peeping through the holes was inspired by Sarsam on SCS. As the weather is getting warmer, I find myself compelled to use my Bold Brights. This time I used one of my favorite combos: Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise. I added some Apricot Appeal to break it up a bit.

I tore the Green Galore card front. I then punched the three circles using the 1 3/8" SU circle punch. I marked where I wanted the monkey faces with a light pencil mark. Using that mark, I stamped the monkeys from SU's "Monkey Business" using Close to Cocoa ink. I colored the bellies and faces with a Creamy Caramel marker. I then used the Riveting stamp set to make the "doughnut" part of the card. The sentiment is raised up on dimensionals. All three holes were embellished with simple dots using my Signo White gel pen. I really love how this card turned out. I hope you like it too!!!!

stamp sets: Monkey Business, Riveting (2006-2007 hostess set)
ink: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Close to Cocoa
paper: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
accessories: 1 3/8", 1 1/4" and 1/2" circle punches, markers, dimensionals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love those little monkeys. I'm always amazed how you pick the perfect color combo. That's always where I get stumped...you know me. I always lean towards the navy and the burgundy. I need to broaden my horizons!

Anonymous said...

Cute card!!! Love the monkeys.

Joan said...

This is adorable. Love those monkeys. Love your pool too~!