Wednesday, May 23, 2007

We All Scream for Ice Cream!!!


"I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream"!!! I am in a summertime mood (even though it is raining here in Minnesota). I guess that has to do with my inground pool being built. I can't wait for the lazy days of summer eating ice cream by the pool. My kids keep reminding me that they only have 8 more days of school left!!! UGH!!!

I did the inevitable task of separating out my retiring stamp sets from my non-retiring stamp sets. I came across this set called "Sparkling Summer". It is so adorable....ice cream cones, popsicles, beach balls, flip flops, sunglasses, etc....all reminders of summer. Unfortunately, it is also retiring next month. So, I pulled it out and made a cute little 3"x3" card with it.

The base card is Pink Passion. I used my corner rounder punch (sans the punch guard) to make the scalloped border on the Only Orange. I then punched a circle using my 1/8" circle punch in each of the scallops. The scallops are then highlighted with my white Signo gel pen. The image was stamped with Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock. I watercolored the image using my Aquapainters and SU's markers. My watercoloring tip.....use the gray marker to "ground" the image and to give a little shadow on one side of the image. Trust me, it makes a difference!!!! A little yellow grosgrain ribbon to finish it off, and it's done.

My customers ask me all the time about end of year gifts for teachers. Why not make a gift pack with 6 of these adorable cards and matching envelopes? It's handmade by you, and it's gorgeous!!! School is out soon so don't hesitate to call your Stampin' Up! demonstrator today!!!

I am scheduling a "Kiss 'Em Goodbye" stamp camp in June. This is one of the cards we will be making there!!! I hope you like it!!!

No comments: