Thursday, October 11, 2007

Easy and Elegant

This card was inspired by Jen, a fellow stamper on SCS. She has a great blog....click on her name to check it out.

I love how Jen used the same stamp set (in this case Peaceful Wishes) in each of the three panels on the card. The mistletoe was stamped with Mellow Moss on Very Vanilla cardstock. The berries were then colored in with the Bravo Burgandy marker. I then lightly sponged Bravo Burgandy ink on each of the three panels. The middle panel is tied with a simple gold elastic cord knot. The three panels are mounted on Bravo Burgandy cardstock.

The base card is Mellow Moss, stamped with the Linen background stamp also in Mellow Moss ink. The Peaceful Wishes sentiment is very understated as I also stamped that in Mellow Moss ink.

I kept my card very demure, but you could definitely add some Dazzling Diamonds to the berries to give it some more "oomph".

It's quite chilly here today in MN. The weather change has been dramatic within a coupld of days.....85 degrees to now barely in the 50s. BBBBBBBbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

I'm going to try to stamp some more, but both kids have Parent/Teacher conferences this afternoon!!! My kids are both really great students, so it should be quick!!!

Happy Stamping everyone!!

1 comment:

Heather D. said...

That's a beautiful card! I really really want this set!

We are in Utah, and it got really cold last Saturday, but right now it's in the 60's & 70's. It's going to start getting cold soon though!