Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Honey!!


It's rare for me to use something other than Stampin' Up!, but this Changito Safari monkey was just calling my name. I {heart} monkeys!!! So, I ordered him from a local stamp store.

I made this card for my husband's 40th birthday because he still drives me bananas after all these years.

The card measures 5"x5", and it is made out of Chocolate Chip cardstock. The monkey is stamped in the center of Whisper White cardstock. I just started layering fronds all over the edges of my cardstock using my Wild Wasabi ink pad. The monkey is colored in with SU markers (Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa). I used a sponge and my Wild Wasabi ink pad to tone down all the white.

The band is made with Barely Banana sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. I added some linework with my Close to Cocoa marker. The finishing touches were the use of my Ticket Corner punch and some copper brads.

I got this sentiment from a Hero Arts class I took at CKU Boston in 2004. I'm not even sure if they still make it anymore, but it was the perfect sentiment because my hubby makes me happy EVERY day!!!

I'll have a new project tomorrow.....Stampin' Up! products this time.....I promise!!!

Happy Stamping everyone!!!!

No comments: