Monday, October 22, 2007

The Most Gorgeous Hostess Set.....Garden Silhouettes


Rarely do I completely fall in love with a Hostess set. Well, this year's Level 2 hostess set, Garden Silhouettes, has changed my thinking. This one is a keeper for sure.

I made this card Sunday morning. I should've been getting ready for a family gathering at my brother and sister-in-law's house, but Garden Silhouettes was calling me "stamp me, stamp me". Of course, I had to oblige.

I am in an embossing mood lately. I decided to stamp the focal image with a combination of classic and craft ink. I first stamped the focal image with my Linen background stamp (well-loved in my stamping studio) using Creamy Caramel ink. I then stamped a few of the flowers also using the Creamy Caramel ink. I then pulled out my Close to Cocoa craft ink and inked that stamp up again. I then embossed it with Irridescent Ice embossing powder to give that final flower stalk some sparkle. It is simply GORGEOUS in real life. I punched my corners with the ticket corner punch and sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. I matted it on Choc Chip cardstock, and two eyelets from the Vintage Brad pack finish the focal image.

The base card is Blue Bayou (my favorite of all the new In Colors.....I will weep when this color retires). This base card is sponged on all the edges with Blue Bayou ink. I added a strip of Creamy Caramel cardstock (sponged with Close to Cocoa ink) with a length of 5/8" Choc Chip grosgrain. The sentiment (from Baroque Motifs) is stamped in Blue Bayou ink.

This card is truly lovely.......I'm so glad I resisted getting ready in order to finish it.

Happy Stamping everyone!!

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

So pretty...love the color palette and textures!