Friday, October 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Chickie!!


This birthday card is for DD's friend, Lisa. Each of the girls have a nickname based on an animal name. You guessed it....Lisa's nickname is "Chickie". Well, Lisa is having her sleepover party tonight, and Amanda asked me to make her a chickie card. She made the stipulation that it HAD to be a spinner card!!!

This is the card that I came up with. The focal image is from the retired set "Best of Cluck". I masked off the saying so that I would only have the image of all the chicks. They were stamped in Black Staz-On on watercolor paper. The image was watercolored with watercolor crayons. I then mounted it on Bashful Blue.

The base card is Marigold Morning. The next layer is Brocade Blue sponged with Brocade Blue on the edges and stamped with the chicken feet.

I used my word window punch to make the channel for the spinner. The spinning chick is cut out and mounted with a dimensional on a Bashful Blue 1 3/8" circle (sponged with Brocade Blue). The spinner is made with 2 pennies. Put a dimensional between the two pennies. Add the now constructed spinner to the chick on a circle. Place the spinner in the channel and tilt the card. The cute little chickie goes spinning away!!!!

I know I already posted this morning, but I had to share this adorable card!!!

Happy Stamping everyone!!!

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

Awwwwwww! this is so cute! what a great card, I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is VERY cute!