Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Chris!


Today my DS turns 15. I cannot believe how time has flown by. It seems like yesterday that he was a little baby.....burping, passing gas.......never mind.....teenagers still do that.....but they laugh about it.....when does the potty humor stop?????
Anyway, DS is a total baseball FREAK!!! So, of course, baseball needed to be the theme of his card. I really wish I owned a stamp set with a baseball player, but this is all I have. It's a Stampin' Up! set called "Just Baseball". I use this set all the time for my guy cards. If it's for the adult baseball freaks in my life, I use more of the muted and earthy colors. For the younger guys, I use the brighter colors.
This card measures 5.25"x5.25". The basecard is Brocade Blue. I used my Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel and Ruby Red stamp pads to randomly stamp the images on my Whisper White cardstock. I used my Brocade Blue marker and the Color Spritzer tool to spatter some color (along with some sponging along the edges).
I added a band of Ruby Red (sponged with Ruby Red ink) and added some faux stitching with the Ruby Red marker. I used my Classic Numbers (retired) to stamp the "15". The sentiment is from the retired set (and never to leave my possession) Cheery chat. It's stamped in Basic Black and then spattered with both the Ruby Red marker and Brocade Blue markers (using the spritzer tool).
As DS doesn't like fussy cards, I didn't add any ribbon. I did add a piece of hodgepodge with the word "son" (from Everyday Flexible Phrases).
He loved his card, and we love him!!! Happy Birthday sweetie!!!!
Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping Everyone!!!

No comments: