Sunday, December 16, 2007

Happy Party Day Alex!!!


My niece and goddaughter, Alex, is having her birthday party today. We're going bowling and then grabbing some food afterwards. Alex loves puppies (in addition to firehouses, astronauts, Star Wars, Spiderman, etc....).
I once again used another of my retired sets. This one is called Ruff Day. I love this particular set because it is so much fun to watercolor. I used a combination of my reinkers and ink from smooshing my ink pads. Of course, I always use my aquapainter and watercolor paper when I am watercoloring. The colors I used on the dog are Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pink Passion, Only Orange and Pretty in Pink (for his tongue). I also used my Stardust gelly roll pen to add some bling to the hat and smaller confetti pieces. The focal image is then mounted on a layer of Basic Black to make him "pop".
The basecard is Pink Passion. I used a rendition of a recent card sketch on Splitcoast for the design of this card. I cut three strips of Only Orange (1.5"x3.75") and stamped them with the Polka Dot background stamp using Only Orange ink. I also sponged the edges with Only Orange ink. After using the ticket corner punch on all four corners, I adhered each of the orange strips onto 1.75"x4" strips of YoYo Yellow.
I have to leave for the party now!!!! Enjoy the rest of your afternoon!!!
Happy Stamping everyone!!!!

1 comment:

Debbie Olson said...

Your watercolor beautifully--great job!