Monday, December 10, 2007

Pocket Cards

Are you looking for something different when making your cards? Why not try a pocket card? They are SO easy to make.

Take a piece of 8.5"x11" cardstock (I used Choc Chip) and on the 8.5" side, cut at 4.25". Score at 5.5" and 10". Fold your cardstock on the score lines and use your corner rounder to round all four corners of the card and also on the two corners of the fold-down flap. I have found that you need to use Sticky Strip or your ATG glue gun to keep this card together. Make sure that the adhesive is pretty close to the side edges of the card or you will risk the insert not fitting into the pocket.

Speaking of the insert, I cut mine 3.75"x4.5". I rounded all the corners once again with my corner rounder punch. I also used my rounded tab punch to create a pull tab for the insert.


I tried to focus my All Occasion stamp-a-stack on retiring stamp sets, but I really wanted to make a birthday card. So, I pulled out my not retiring Big Bold Birthday stamp set. I did use the retiring "In My Thoughts" for the birthday message on the insert.

Wanna hear a trick to make whipping up these cards extremely fast? Instead of stamping the frosting, use your circle scallop punch and cut the punch out in half. I sponged the edges to make it look more "real".

Oh well......enough chit chat about this card. I hope you can find the time to try a pocket card. They are especially nice for holiday cards because you can tuck in a smaller photo on the insert card.

I have a ton to do today......Christmas shopping, work on gifts for: teachers, dance instructors, Taekwondo instructor.

Hope you have a wonderful day......until tomorrow.......Happy Stamping everyone!!!

2 comments:

Tiya-B said...

great lesson.
thanks
your blog looks great too.

StampingBetty said...

that is really nice, i love the colours and the little heart