Thursday, December 27, 2007

Whew!!!! The Hubbub of the Holidays!!



So, how was your Christmas? Ours was fabulous. I really enjoyed the past couple of days with my family. On Christmas Eve afternoon, we went to church to attend family services. Afterwards, my parents came over for our annual homemade pizza picnic. I make tons of pizza and we eat in the living room while watching Christmas movies. This year, we watched Rudolph and The Santa Clause.

On Christmas day, the entire family came over for a traditional turkey dinner. We then opened presents. The picture frame above was a gift I made for both my daughter and my sister-in-law. Amanda attended her first concert ever this past summer. This is a picture my husband took of Amanda, my sister-in-law and her sister at the Brad Paisley concert. They loved the frame. Here is how I made it........

The frame is from Target. I traced the shape of the frame onto my Outlaw designer paper. I then trimmed the DSP with my paper cutter. Any leftovers can be sanded away with sanding blocks. I sponged the edges of the DSP with some Close to Cocoa ink to make it look even more distressed. I embossed the sentiment (from True Friend....which made it into the Spring and Summer catty....yeah!!!) using my Versamark and Black embossing powder. I also embossed the medallion (from Wanted) using my Versamark and the retired Copper embossing powder. I punched out the medallion with the circle scallop punch. I also sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa ink to make it look a little "dirty". I cut off the prongs on five black brads and attached them to the top portion of the frame with Crystal Effects.

The girls loved their new frame. I think it will help them remember the great time they had at the concert that night.

I FINALLY had a chance to stamp this morning. I made a gorgeous card using my new Time Well Spent hostess set. I will post it either later today or tomorrow. The kids are dreading a trip to the dentist this morning......ugh!!!!

Until later....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: