Saturday, December 29, 2007

Play.....Do Not Hoard!!!



"Play, Do Not Hoard" is going to be my new motto for 2008. What's the point of buying cool embellishments and papers if we are never going to use them? So, who's going to join me? Who's gonna start playing with their new toys within a week of receiving/buying them? Okay, I think you get my point.....I will stop lecturing now!!!

So, this card is in celebration of my new "non-hoarding" resolution. I finally used some of my Stampin' Up! designer papers and some pearls I purchased at my local LSS. The focal image was created with a stamp set called "A Beautiful Life". I used the rock and roll technique to achieve the multi-colored look of the daffodils (using Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose). The line portion of this image (this stamp set is a two step stamp) was stamped with Regal Rose. I used my Stamp-a-majig to ensure the proper placement of the line images. The stems were stamped in Certainly Celery.



I do have to say that it was fun using something new!!! I look forward to checking out my stash of stuff in my stamping studio. I'm sure there are lots of goodies I completely forgot about!!! I'll be like the kid in the candy store!!!!


Stamping Supplies

stamp sets: A Beautiful Life, Warm Words

ink: Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery

paper: Basic Black, Prints Designer Paper (Rose Red, Certainly Celery), Whisper White

accessories: Ticket Corner punch, Word Window Punch, adhesive pearls (K&Co.), sponges, Stamp-a-majig


Until tomorrow.........Happy Stamping everyone!

5 comments:

JenniferL. said...

I am in. I so need that motto too!

stampersim said...

Ditto. I will not hoard in 2008! I will not hoard in 2008! I will not hoard in 2008! LOL.

simmy :-)

Anonymous said...

Great logo for a teeshirt!

Cheryl said...

Terrific card! I really am trying not to hoard also. You have been an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.