Friday, December 28, 2007

Playing With New Toys


I think it's great that adults can still have the joy of playing with new toys too. I know my kids (the biggest kid....DH....is currently hunting on his Wii) have been enjoying their new games. Stampin' Up! sent each of its demonstrators a level 3 hostess set from the new Spring and Summer Catty. The stamp set is called Time Well Spent, and it truly is a fun set to play with.
This is the longest card I have ever made. It measures 4"x9.25", and the design kinda came to me the other night just before I fell asleep. I am not the kind of stamper that runs out of bed to make something that pops into my mind. I just kinda hope that the "vision" is still there in the morning when I wake up....LOL!!!!
The basecard is Purely Pomegranate, and it is stamped with the Polka Dot background stamp in Purely Pomegranate ink. I used my Corner Rounder punch to scallop the bottom edge. I then pierced each of the scallops using my piercing tool from the tool kit.
I used some new toys to color in my focal image. I bought a few Copics when I visited a Hobby Lobby last week (wow, what a store!!!!). I only bought two colors and a colorless blender pen. I wanted to see what the hubbub is all about. They were fun to color with, but honestly, I think I am happier creatively using my aquapainter and reinkers. Besides, the Copics are really expensive....I paid $5.89 a marker. I think I'd rather use what I already own and buy more rubber from the new Spring and Summer SU catty.
Ok, back to the card. After coloring the focal image, I sponged the edges with Apricot Appeal ink, matted it on black and finally on Apricot Appeal cardstock. The other two white panels are stamped with both the Canvas BG stamp and a smaller flower from the Time Well Spent stamp set in Apricot Appeal (sponged and matted the same way as the focal image).
The rest of the card is pretty easy to figure out based on the picture (I like to give you the stamping details because it's not always visible in the pictures). The only thing funky is a ribbon accent element that was created by Debbie Olson. You punch the right side of a card element with a circle punch (I used the 3/4"), and it makes a notch where your knot sits. Pretty cool, huh?
This "big honkin' card" was really fun to make. It's quite heavy though with all it's layers.
I bought a new "contraband" stamp last night when I visited Archiver's (DH gave me a gift card). I couldn't resist......it was a monkey!!!!! I have a vision.......gotta go stamp......
Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: