Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Inspiration



I am often ask how I get inspired. Inspiration comes from many places. I love to look at color combinations from catalogs, home decor magazines and from nature itself.


As I've matured, my tastes and color preferences have changed. Ten years ago I would've turned my head at all the warm colors I find myself being pulled towards nowadays.


Today's card celebrates the stamper I've become. Over the years I've learned to incorporate some items that may instill fear at first. For example, I now love to use patterned paper on projects way beyond the scope of scrapbooking. It's rare to find a card of mine without some ribbon or embellishment on it. They've become part of my signature style.


Today's project focuses on some of my favorites (old and new):
  • Silhouette Stamps
  • Patterned Paper
  • Earth Elements cardstock and inks
  • sponging effects
  • brads and ribbon

I love this new "Inspired by Nature" stamp set by Stampin' Up!. I can achieve so many looks with just one stamp set by altering the technique that I use. Today I used Poppin' Pastels to achieve the soft and muted look to these cone flowers. I just love the effect!!

Here's the recipe in case you want to recreate this GOJUS (as Jan Tink would say) card!!!!

stamp sets: Inspired by Nature, Canvas

ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip

paper: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Bella Rose DSP, Very Vanilla

accessories: Vintage Brads, Chocolate Chip narrow grosgrain ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, sponge daubers, Chalk Pastels, sponges

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti, this is absolutely lovely. Beautiful card!!

Anonymous said...

this is absolutely GOJUS!!!! I can't wait to get all my new goodies. this stamp set is one of my faves!!!!