Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Spooktacular Day



I was working downstairs in the Stamping Studio when DH came down the stairs with my box of new stamping goodies. I think I quoted Hannah Montana when I said "Sweet Niblets" as he put the box on my table.

I had a hard time choosing which stamp set to assemble first. In the end, I chose to play with my brand new Halloween goodies first.

This stamp set is called "House of Haunts", and I used a technique from the new catalog. I colored the focal image with three colors of markers: More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Elegant Eggplant. I then misted the stamp set with a fine mist water bottle and stamped the image on Confetti White cardstock. I then misted lightly on the cardstock and swooshed (yup, that's a technical term) my aquapainter over the image to blend a little. Once the cardstock dried, I sponged the edges with Elegant Eggplant ink and distressed the edges. The focal image is matted on More Mustard.

The base card is Elegant Eggplant. I dragged my Whisper White Craft pad across the cardstock and put it aside to dry thoroughly. In the mean time, I worked on my Kiwi Kiss band. I used my Scallop Edge punch on the bottom edge only and used the direct-to-paper technique on all the edges. I stamped "Happy Halloween" also in Kiwi Kiss ink.

The finishing touches include a classic knot using Pumpkin Pie narrow grosgrain and some buttons tied with Linen Thread. The More Mustard buttons are sitting on two 1/2" Pumpkin Pie circles.

I grunged the card up using my Color Spritzer Tool and Elegant Eggplant marker.

So, what do you think of my spooktacular Halloween card? Leave a comment....I'd love to hear from you!!!

Recipe:

stamp sets: House of Haunts

paper: Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Kiwi Kiss

ink: Whisper White craft, Elegant Eggplant, Kiwi Kiss

accessories: Stampin' Write markers (More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant), 1/2" circle punch, Earth Element buttons, Linen Thread, Scallop Edge Punch, Pumpkin Pie narrow grosgrain ribbon, aquapainter, fine mist water bottle

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm not a halloween person, but this is a great card. Love the direct to paper with the craft pad, especially on the eggplant. Great job, Ms. P!

Carol said...

love your card!!!!! Now I need that set!

stampersim said...

Very very cute ! Of course anything Halloween-y is always a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing :-)