Wednesday, August 13, 2008

KISS


Do you know what the hardest thing for me is? Keeping my cards simple.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is SO true!!!

So, today I challenged myself!! I made a simple card. I followed the KISS rule.....Keep It Simple Stamper!!! You see, it's been a crazy week here. The Yankees are in town playing the Twins. So, as we're originally from New York and now live in Minnesota, we had to go to two of the games. Needless to say, my week has been a little hectic!!! The KISS rule made my stamping so much easier!!!

I will admit I had the withdrawal shakes......I didn't sponge on this card!!!! Can you believe it? A "Patti" card without sponging!!!! Unimaginable!!!


Anyway, onto the card. This card took me 5 minutes!!! No kidding!!!!


The base card is Riding Hood Red (an amazing new In Color). I stamped the silhouette daisy stamp from Upsy Daisy all across the bottom of the card using Riding Hood Red ink. I then overstamped the entire card with my Canvas background stamp also using Riding Hood Red ink.


I took a 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" strip of So Saffron and punched the bottom edge with the brand new Scallop Edge punch (which happens to be my favorite new tool from the new catty). I stamped the sentiment (also in the Upsy Daisy set) using Riding Hood Red ink.


A bow made from a length of Whisper White narrow grosgrain ribbon was all I needed to finish off this simple yet beautiful card!!!


That's it!!!! So now it's your turn!!! Go to your stamping area and stamp a simple card. You'll be glad you did!!!


Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Very effective and beautiful.