Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Frustration


Did you ever order a stamp set and just can't wait until it arrives on your doorstep? Yeah, that was the case with Fabulous Flowers. Then you cut that stamp set.....ink it up....and absolutely HATE everything you made with it. Yeah, once again, the story of Fabulous Flowers.




Guess what? Yesterday, I FINALLY made a card I actually really like with it. I am so psyched!!!




These colors are so pretty together: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Barely Banana. I know they are not wintry or Christmas-y (is that a word?), but they were just perfect for the card I had in mind.




I stamped the flower three times in Versamark and used my Pastels with my daubers (Poppin' Pastels technique). I cut out the three flowers (each layer is smaller than the last) and layered them on top of each other with dimensionals. I added some Crystal Ice Stickles for some bling!!!




The base card is Barely Banana. I used my Tres Chic background stamp (this one better not retire) on a layer of Certainly Celery. I sponged the edges and used my Ticket Corner punch (love, love, love this punch). I added two Certainly Celery brads to the top corners. I layered some ribbon....5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain and narrow white organdy (now retired). The flower was then adhered on top of the ribbon. The sentiment is from Fancy Flexible Phrases (was so hoping this set was gonna make it into the Fall & Winter catty....of course, it didn't).




I am so happy that I've jumped this hurdle. Now on to the next quest.....a new stamp set that will drive me completely bonkers until I make something that I love with it.




P.S. Happy Anniversary to my parents.....42 years married. Their anniversary was actually yesterday, but I was feeling too yucky to post anything!!! Love you both!!!




Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: