Thursday, November 15, 2007

Holiday Treasures


What are your holiday treasures? They don't have to be anything pricey, they are just holiday "things" that hold a special place in your heart. One of my holiday treasures is my collection of Hallmark ornaments. They adorn the family tree each year, and I look forward to opening each of the boxes (okay, not all, DH's golden Elvis is really kinda scary) a few days after Thanksgiving.


I purchased this particular Elzybell stamp because it reminded me of one of my beloved Hallmark ornaments. My mother-in-law gave it to me. He is just SO cute sleeping there peacefully in a red-flocked Santa hat.
I first stamped the mouse/cap with Black StazOn ink on watercolor paper. I colored the mouse in with Creamy Caramel reinkers using my beloved aquapainter. I just layered the color until I got the amount of shadow and highlights I needed. I did the same with the cap using my Real Red reinker. The fur on the cap is heated Liquid Applique with some Dazzling Diamonds sprinkled on before heating.
I then stamped the pine branches (from Peaceful Wishes) to make it look like he was sleeping under the tree. Mr. Mouse kinda looked like he was floating in mid air. So, I decided to draw in a snowflake tree skirt. I used my aquapainter and Brocade Blue watercolor wonder crayons. Once I got the color and shadowing I wanted, I went in with one of my $1 Michael's snowflake stamps and my Brocade Blue ink pad to stamp a pattern on the tree skirt.
I finished up the image with a sponging of So Saffron to give it a "glow" from the lights.
The basecard is Brocade Blue. I embossed a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock with my snowflakes Cuttblebug embossing folder. I then cut this piece into three equal pieces. I sponged with my Whisper White craft pad to accentuate the snowflakes.
I still felt that it needed something, so I added a small red bow in the corner.
I think I may frame this one and make it a new holiday treasure.
So, now it's your turn......what is your holiday treasure? Leave me a comment....I would love to hear about it!!!
Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!
I am really happy with the way it turned out!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooooooooo adorable, a real cutie pie of a card.
Laurie