Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Andrea!!


Today is my sister-in-law, Andrea's, birthday. Once again she is celebrating the anniversary of her 29th birthday. Happy Birthday Andrea!!!
Andrea loves all the warm tones found in the Earth Elements family. So, I knew exactly where to start with her card......a beautiful patterned paper from the Apple Cider collection (found in the Holiday Mini). I punched the corners with my Ticket Corner punch and sponged with Close to Cocoa ink.
I used my True Friend set for the focal image. I used my markers to color in the image (Really Rust, Choc Chip and Old Olive). Remember to "huff" on the stamp to re-moisten the ink before stamping. I placed a More Mustard brad in the center of the flower. My customers know that I can't finish a card without sponging, so I sponged the edges with my Close to Cocoa ink. The focal image is mounted on a Choc Chip mat.
The sentiment, from Holidays and Wishes stamp set, is stamped on a band of River Rock (also sponged with Close to Cocoa).
I rarely make more than one of each card (with the exception of the Christmas cards). I actually made THREE of this card......just using different sentiments!!! I'm trying to be good......to use my patterned paper and not just hoard it!! I actually almost used a full sheet of this paper.....SHOCKER!!!!
On a personal note, we went to a MN Wild game last night. It was the first hockey game ever for DD and myself. It was SO exciting......constant action!!! The kids woke up kinda tired today since we had a busy evening. Only two days of school this week. Then we're off baking pies and getting ready to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while decorating the tree.
Here's wishing you a happy Monday.......until tomorrow, Happy Stamping Everyone!!!

No comments: