Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Two Challenges - One Card

I am totally avoiding cleaning my son's shower. How do I do that? I play the Splitcoast challenges. This card encompasses two of this week's challenge....the technique challenge (make a horizontal pocket card) and the color challenge (Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi and Ruby Red).

This card was not an easy one. Heck, I'm not even sure I really like it. The insert is too small for a picture, but I guess you could put a wallet sized picture tucked behind the focal image. HEY!!! I have a great idea......honey, are you reading this blog. That little insert is the PERFECT size for a key to that brand new Honda Pilot I've been hinting at for the past 6 months. Yes, that is a great idea if I do say so myself. I knew there had to be a reason for making such a small insert card (besides the fact that anything larger looked completely ridiculous).

Here are the "deets" on the card my husband is going to give me with the key to my brand new Dark Cherry colored Honda Pilot (I'm on a caffeine high....just let me dream for a minute, ok?).

The base card is Soft Sky. I didn't have any patterned paper with Ruby Red so I had the brilliant idea (NOT!!!) of making my own with a strip of cardstock and doodling with my white gel pen. The focal image is stamped in Wild Wasabi on Whisper White cardstock. I used my circle punches (1/2" and 3/4") to highlight the snowflake in "joy". I added some Ruby Red brads for the centers of the three flowers. I used two silver brads to keep the horizontal pocket in place. The little card (you know, the one that will hold the key) is made with Wild Wasabi cardstock. The corners are rounded, and I made the little pull tabs with both the circle punches mentioned above.

I just wanted to show you the project that Dennis has been working on for the past week or so. He is tiling the backsplash of our kitchen. He has all the tile up, but we still need to grout this weekend. I LOVE how it turned out. The backsplash is Turkish tumbled tile with a decorative placed every once in a while.

I will show a pic of the whole kitchen once the grouting is done.

Happy Stamping everyone!!

No comments: