Tuesday, November 13, 2007

An Ode to the Old Neighborhood!


If anyone from the old neighborhood in NY is reading this blog, this card is dedicated to you!! We definitely had a party neighborhood. It was so much fun to live there!!!
I love this little penguin who had a little too much holiday cheer. I got him from Jessica Lynn Original stamps. The stamp set name is "Penguin Brothers Celebrating the Holiday". Check her stuff out....she has some really nice designs. I even gave him really blushy cheeks to show that he's had one too many...LOL! I wrote the saying myself using one of my too many downloaded computer fonts.
It says: "One martini.....good! Two martinis...Nice!! Three martinis.....Great!!! Four martinis.....ICE!!!!". Cute huh? I was quite proud of myself!!!
Anyway, on to the "deets" of this card. The card measures 4.25"x4.25". The basecard is Blue Bayou, followed by Whisper White which is then followed by Soft Sky. The soft sky layer is stamped with the snowflake stamp which comes with the set in Soft Sky ink.
I stamped Tipsy the Penguin (yes, I named my stamp) in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock. I colored him using a combination of Watercolor Wonder crayons, ink refills and markers (for the blush of the cheek). I used my Stardust gellyroll pen to color in the martini. I punched him out with the SU Scallop Circle punch. I sponged the edges with Blue Bayou ink and added some holes using my paper piercing tool. I then mounted Tipsy on a circle cut with my Coluzzle (which was then heavily sponged with Whisper White craft ink). I added a little knot of Blue Bayou double-stitched grosgrain ribbon to make him look extra special.
The saying was printed on vellum cardstock. I mounted it over my Soft Sky layer. I used a photo corner (punched using the SU photo corner punch) to hide any adhesive marks. Another photo corner is placed in the opposite corner to balance the card.
To all my old neighbors from NY, this one's for you. We miss you SO much!!!
Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've missed you guys too! The Halloween party just isn't the same without you (or the 4th of July party, or the Labor Day, or the block party or the holiday party or.........) Love to all and love the card!