Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's All in the Presentation



I love the Food Network. I can't remember how many times I have heard the phrase "It's all in the presentation". Add some chopped parsley to your plate, squeeze some chocolate sauce onto your cheesecake, etc...

We can apply the same thought process to our giftgiving. This is especially easy if you are a stamper. We automatically "think outside the box". For example, I was at Michael's last week and found this adorable penguin tin. I knew that I could dress it up with some patterned papers and some adorable penguin stamps. I just simply need to fill this tin with some peppermint sticks and homemade cocoa mix. I have a beautiful homemade gift.

I used my Dashing pattern paper to cover the tin. It reminded me of the peppermint sticks that are going to be part of this gift. I made a belly band of Old Olive (sponged with Old Olive and added some line work with my white gel pen).

The adorable penguin (from Jessica Lynn Original stamp company) was stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock. I used my aquapainters and the lids of my ink pads to watercolor him. For some added bling, I used my Stickles on the white stripes of the candy cane. I also used some Liquid Applique to simulate some fuzzy fur on his cap).

I used my Marvy scallop punches to punch out the penguin and the mat. I used my paper piercing tool to pierce holes in each of the scallops on the red one.

So what are your plans for the weekend before Thanksgiving? Ours is pretty busy (as usual). I have a workshop this afternoon (all prepped though so I just need to pack). Tomorrow I am going to my first hockey game ever. I'll let you know what I think!!!

Enjoy your Saturday.......Happy Stamping everyone!

1 comment:

Corie said...

This is just so adorable -- BEAUTIFUL presentation