Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!!


Wow, I just can't believe that Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I guess it's just a reality check that I seriously need to get my butt in gear. Christmas will be here before you know it.
So, what's on your agenda for the day? I already got my nails done, and now, I need to bake two apple pies. My parents are hosting Thanksgiving this year......okay, they host Thanksgiving EVERY year!!! I'm in charge of Christmas dinner.
Anyway, this is the card I designed for today. I know.....it has NOTHING to do with Thanksgiving. Hey, I know. It's reminiscent of my apple pies. Red and greed......yeah, I know....I'm grasping!!!
I have a bunch of pre-cut card kits in a bin in my Stamping Studio. Rather than sitting there collecting dust, I pulled one of them out. In the way of Tim Gunn from "Project Runway".......make it work!!!!
The images are from my new Hostess Level 3 stamp set, Time Well Spent. They are simply stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White cardstock. I took my black SU marker and drew some flight patterns. I sponged the edges with Certainly Celery ink and added some Dazzling Diamonds. This is mounted on a mat of basic black. Both layers are punched with my handy old Ticket Corner punch.
The main layer is Real Red stamped with various flower images from the stamp set in Real Red ink. The corners are also punched with the Ticket Corner punch. I added a strip of Certainly Celery (after distressing the edges a bit) designer series paper from that little 6x6 pack I bought eons ago. I added two black gingham ribbons to add some "pop",
The sentiment is from "Short and Sweet". I punched it out with my Word Window punch.
I think it came out pretty cute.....no coloring of any kind.....that's a big stretch for me!!! You know me, I love to color!!!
I hope everyone has a peaceful (I know, impossible......my kids are home too) Thanksgiving eve. I have a gorgeous card to post for tomorrow. It's in honor of the "big guy" who always makes his appearance at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (no, I am not referring to Al Roker.....but good guess).
Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card. It is really cute. TFS! I hope your family and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jukie said...

This is beautiful, and it has lots to do with Thanksgiving - you are giving thanks - and you are celebrating nature with the butterflies :wink: