Friday, November 9, 2007

Gobble, Gobble!


I've been looking for a cute line image turkey for a while now. This little guy sure fits the bill! He is a clear acrylic stamp from Jessica Lynn Original stamps (she's got some really cute stuff....I encourage you to check them out). His name is Tom Turkey, and he was so much fun to watercolor.

As always, I use my watercolor paper when I want to watercolor (that sounds redundant, but it's a MUST). I used my aquapainter and reinkers to color him in. His body is Creamy Caramel, and his feathers are Ruby Red, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust (with a little bit of Close to Cocoa to show some extra variation from the Pumpkin Pie). His top hat is Old Olive with some More Mustard and Stardust Gelly Roll pen on his buckle. Mr. Tom Turkey is sponged with Close to Cocoa ink and some doodles were added with my Close to Cocoa marker. His corners are punched with my all time favorite Ticket Corner punch. I matted him on some Ruby Red and added two Old Olive brads to the top two corners. I added some 1/4" chocolate grosgrain ribbon for a final touch, and he is dressed in his Thanksgiving best.

My More Mustard layer was dry embossed with one of my unopened Cuttlebug templates that were sitting there lonely in a drawer. I also sponged the edges of this layer with Close to Cocoa. The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory (Choc Chip basecard and an Old Olive band).

Well, what do you think of my card?

I'm off to bed soon....need to get up early for the big craft fair tomorrow.

Happy Stamping everyone!

No comments: