Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Do You Feel Chipper About Chipboard???


Isn't this little tote bag adorable? We made something very similar to this at Convention. I tweaked it a little bit to make it a little more "Patti" style.


One of the benefits of attending Convention is the ability to purchase kits to share with our stamping friends. The boxes and the chipboard were both part of these kits we were offered. I know.....it took me long enough to use them, right?


My goal is to teach my customers (aka my stamping friends) how to use items they wouldn't necessarily use. I think the big catalog is very overwhelming to most people. Let's face it, there are a lot of products that people may not know how to use. That's where your demonstrator comes into the picture. It's our job to answer your questions and teach you how to use these fabulous products that may not look so fabulous in the catalog.


One of the products that look kinda boring in the catalog is the chipboard collection. I know what a lot of people think......"Great, what in the heck do I want with shapes cut into paper that looks like the inside of a cereal box?". First of all, the material is fabulous. It is WAY better than any kind of cardboard material. It's wonderfully thick!!! Second of all, there's so many different ways to use it. If you explore each of these, you will never be bored with using your chipboard.


For this project I chose to "paint" it with my So Saffron craft pad. It's a matter of using my sponge daubers to apply the color. After the ink dried, I showed how I could "grunge" it up with sponging on some Close to Cocoa ink. I even added some dots using my Stampin' Write markers.


See, it no longer looks like the inside of the cereal box!!! If you are in need of a demonstrator that will show you how to use the products you purchase, I would be honored to be that demonstrator. If you are using all the items you purchase time and time again, then I know I've done a good job!!! I'm here to help!!! Send me an email so we can touch base.


Until tomorrow....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: