Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ready, Stamp, Recycle



I admit it. I am one of those "naggy" people who get annoyed when you run the faucet when brushing your teeth, when DH shaves and especially when you run the shower and you're not ready to get in. Wanna put me over the edge? Yup, just go playing with excess water!!!

I'm not a total "go green" nut, but I believe that we can take simple steps to help out. One of those ways is recycling!!


Did you know that we can recycle everyday items into fabulous gifts? Just think of all those Frappucino bottles that were cleaned, altered and filled with all that candy over the holidays!!!


The recycled item I am showcasing today came from Walmart. It holds a calendar very much in the "Thomas Kinkade" style. I went to Walmart hoping that they would sell just the refills for the calendar, but they didn't. You have to buy a whole new set every year. So, I decided to keep the old "frame" and stamp an insert!!!

I started by measuring the insert (4"x6"). I then needed to go through my stamp stash to find a stamp that would match the style on the little note pad. I just purchased "Always" and thought it would be a perfect fit for my project!! I started with my Whisper White piece of cardstock for my focal image. I stamped the large flourish from Baroque Motifs with Versamark. I sprinkled on some White Embossing Powder and heated it. The embossed white on white almost gives it a dry embossed look. It is VERY elegant!! You have to try it!!!


I then took a scrap of Bashful Blue and heat embossed the large heart from "Always" also using my white embossing powder. I handcut the heart and attached to the focal image with dimensionals. I wrapped a length of Bashful Blue narrow grosgrain and added a dangling charm made from a 3/4" Bashful Blue circle, a flower stamped in Bashful Blue ink and embellished with a tiny pearl.


I debated about adding more, but decided to keep it simple. There is so much "going on" in the note pad that I didn't want to compete with it, KWIM?


I think stampers are the best kind of recyclers!! Our minds are always looking at things and seeing how we can make them pretty. We are the queens of the $1 spots, aren't we?


Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: