Monday, March 10, 2008

Make your St. Paddy's Day "Unfrogettable"



I'm a "wee" bit Irish, but I don't own any St. Patrick's Day stamps. I wanted to make an unfrogettable card celebrating my heritage. This is what I came up with.


Isn't he cute?????


This is actually the card we made at last week's Technique Class. We learned many techniques that night....masking, faux clouds, paper piecing, how to make shamrocks with hearts and direct-to-paper.


The Barely Banana base card is stamped with my Polka Dot BG stamp using Barely Banana ink. I used the direct-to-paper technique on the edges of the base card.


The Certainly Celery layer was stamped with the little heart from the Unfrogettable set multiple times to make the shamrock. I used my marker to draw in the little stem. I overstamped this layer with my Canvas BG stamp and sponged the edges in Certainly Celery ink. I punched two Cameo Coral photo corners, dotted the edges with the white gel pen and adhered to the top and bottom left corners of the layer.


I used the Faux Clouds technique to start the design of my focal image. I then stamped the frog, masked him, and stamped the mushroom. The frog is actually paper pieced with some Certainly Celery Designer Prints paper. The googlie eyes were added to give him some animation.


The ladies loved the froggie!!!


Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!!

No comments: