Friday, March 21, 2008

March Comes in Like a Lion.......




and looks like it's going to go out an even
BIGGER lion. LOL!!!

Here is a picture of what my family woke up to this morning in Chaska, Minnesota. Yowza!!! At lunchtime, DH (still sick with pneumonia, mind you) trodded in the snow to measure. We are at 8 inches and still snowing strong!!! Of course, the kids have off from school today. DD would have liked to have a snow event like this on a schoool day (haven't had one snow day so far this year). Of course, she is sulking because we can't go to the mall!!! Such is the turmoil of a teenager!!

Yesterday was spent galavanting to Burnsville. Since we knew the snowstorm was coming, I picked up the ham from Honeybaked Ham so we would be all set for Easter dinner. Of course, while I was in Burnsville, I decided to explore Anchor Paper. I heard they had the Nestabilities in stock and wanted to see them in person. As you can see, I purchased some.

Here is the first card I made with my Nestabilities!! This Cutie Pie designer series paper is adorable. To think, I have owned this paper for months and didn't open it. SHAME ON ME!!!

This card was SO easy to make. It's a Certainly Celery base card. I kept it plain (versus using a BG stamp) so it wouldn't compete with the pattern in the Cutie Pie paper. The striped paper is mounted on a mat of Apricot Appeal. The bottom of the cupcake is stamped in Close to Cocoa ink on Whisper White cardstock. The frosting is half of a Scallop Circle punch. I sponged the edges of the frosting to make it look more 3D. I added a white gel pen highlight too. The focal image is sponged with Certainly Celery, some dots are hand-drawn along the edges and mounted on a slightly (1/8") larger piece of Apricot Appeal cardstock. All of that is mounted on a Rose Red rectangle scallop cut with my Nestabilities. A small bow of Apricot narrow grosgrain in attached in the upper right corner.

The buttons add a final touch to this adorable card!!!

Well, let's hope that the pizza delivery guy can make it to my house tonight. Otherwise, the troops will have to suffice with some macaroni and cheese.

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!




No comments: