Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Make Your Own Easter Placecards



I {heart} the Food Network. Although Paula Deen is my favorite, I am also drawn to Sandra Lee's tablescapes. I have followed her advice and placed food trays on different levels on my serving table. It really does make a difference!!!



Sandra is also famous for making each place setting special for the guest. What's more special than a personalized homemade placecard? This one's specialer (as my niece would say) because it has chocolate tucked inside. YUM-O!!! I designed it to hold Hershey nuggets, but I don't have any of those in the house. So, I tucked in some Hershey Truffle Kisses instead. DOUBLE YUM-O!!



Here's the instructions to make the placecard:


1. Cut your Soft Sky cardstock to 3 1/8" x 6"


2. Score you cardstock at 2 ", 3 1/2" and 5 1/2"


3. On the center of the 2 1/2" panel, use your piercing tool to punch a hole about a 1/4" down


4. Punch a 1/2" circle out of a Certainly Celery scrap


5. Pierce a hole in the center of that 1/2" punched circle


6. Insert an Apricot Appeal brad in the hole in the punched circle and the hole in the placecard. Secure the brad.


7. Cut a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock to 7/8" x 3 1/8"


8. Pierce the top and bottom using your piercing guide and piercing tool


9. Write the name of your guest on the left side of this layer


10. Attach layer to placecard base


11. Stamp the focal image on watercolor paper with Black StazOn ink (I used the Easter basket image from Bunny Hugs. I apologize for using a retired stamp set, but I don't own any current Easter sets that would fit this design)


12. Watercolor the image with your aquapainter and reinkers


13. Punch focal image with 1 3/8" circle punch


14. Punch a Scallop Circle from a scrap of Pretty in Pink cardstock


15. Layer the circles together and attach left side of Scallop Circle to placecard base


16. Tie a length of Pretty in Pink narrow grosgrain around the 1/2" scored area


17. Use mini glue dots to secure the chocolates inside the placecard holder





The best part about this placecard design is that I can easily adapt it to any occasion I am having. I can completely picture it with the cherries from "Tart & Tangy" (Occasions mini catalog stamp set) and the coordinating "Summer Picnic" designer series paper. Oooohhh!!! Imagine the possibilities!!!!





I hope you found this tutorial helpful. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think of my latest tutorial.





Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping Everyone!!

1 comment:

patti moffett said...

this is so "springy" and I can see how easily it can be adapted...thanks for the easy directions and the great use of scraps, an added bonus