Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bits and Pieces


What do you do with leftover stamped pieces that don't make it onto your current project? Mine sit in a pile on my stamping desk that eventually get covered with other stuff. Naturally, I forget about them until I clean my desk.


The Paisley portion of this card (made using Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set with markers) came from that pile. The colors of the card were all pulled from that scrap: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose and Certainly Celery.


I knew I wanted to play with the kitty from Pun Fun. It's the only image from that set that hadn't been inked yet. I stamped the kitty with Black StazOn on Shimmery White paper. Using my aquapainter and ink from the lid of my More Mustard stamp pad, I watercolored the little guy. Much to the chagrin of my daughter, I used my Pretty in Pink marker to blush his cheeks. But, that's a whole other story!!!


The card is pretty easy to figure out so I will just post the items I used to create it.


stamp sets: Petals & Paisley, Pun Fun

paper: Shimmery White, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip

ink: Black StazOn, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa

accessories: aquapainter, sponges, Stampin' Write markers, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!


3 comments:

Rhonda Langley said...

I do the same thing with my scraps especially my DP. I made a quilt card using scraps and my square punchy. Love your layout & your cat!

Anonymous said...

Very nice card Patti, and great use of the left-over pieces..
Welcome to BC..that's where I found your blog.
Connie Paxman

Wombat said...

That cat is too cute!