Friday, June 27, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #53



This week the challenge was to use any resist technique. When I think "resist", I automatically think of Crayon Resist.

I used the Crayon Resist on the card but made a matching gift bag to accompany it.

The card starts with a 3" x 3" piece of glossy cardstock. I stamped the flowers (from the retiring Bud Basics set) using Black StazOn ink. I used a white crayon to color in the areas where I want the ink to resist (stay white).

I then use sponge daubers, starting with the lightest color and working to the darkest. The colors I used on this card are Summer Sun, Only Orange and Pink Passion. After appying the color, I buff off any excess with a paper towel.

The card is finished with a Summer Sand band of cardstock. The edges are paper pierced and sponged with Only Orange ink. I stamped the sentiment (from Hugs & Wishes) in Basic Black ink and added two flowers (one from the Boho Blossom punch and a small Prima from my stash of contraband).

The gift bag is just a small white lunch bag stamped with various images in the same colors from the card. I punched two holes after folding the top over and threaded some Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon for a finishing touch.

I encourage you to click on the Blogger's Challenge icon on the right sidebar of my blog. There you will find all the links to my Blogger's Challenge buddies. Their creations are all amazing!!

Until tomorrow.....Happy Stamping everyone!!

18 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Beautifully done Patty, and so great to do a matchine gift bag. Well done...

Lynn Mercurio said...

I just love pink and orange together and your card is awesome. Love the gift duo, a really great set.

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Patti, as always! I love those colors together! Great minds think alike, eh? How did you know I was using Bud Basics? heehee

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Patti! Nice idea to do the gift bag as well! Great matching set! :D

Nikki Bond said...

This looks gorgeous..I love your color choices! What a great set! {SMILES}

Anita Van Hal said...

Beautiful job with the challenge! Love the matching bag...great colors too!

Ladystamper said...

Cute card! The colors are great! I like your bag too!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great colors - and matching gift bag.

Ida said...

Very pretty. Appealing colors (I like the touch of yellow) and what a neat idea to do a matching gift bag.

Connie Fossenier said...

Just love seeing all the different resist techniques. Love this tried and true..your cards really pop out a dimension especially the pink flowers.
Connie Paxman

Lisa Bohler said...

Your colors are blended together so nicely...Love what you did with the bag to match, too!

Pat Huntoon said...

Very pretty -- Welcome to BC!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

What a pretty colour combo - such a beauty of a card

new BC member
Marcia

Claudia Perry said...

GREAT card - I just love those colors...

Lori said...

What a cute pair! I love the colors you used for your 3x3 card--so vibrant and eye catching and perfect for summer, too.

Barbara said...

Pink and Orange is one of my favorite color combos....so, of course, I'm in love with this card!! The crayon resist is perfect for this set...great job!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty! Looks like we all went with summery (is that really a word?) colors this week!

Chrissy D said...

Lovely cards! YOu did a beautiful job with the matching set! Great job on the challenge!